How long does it take to bake a frozen apple pie?
When oven is preheated, remove frozen pie from freezer; cut a few slits in top crust and place in oven. Do not thaw pie because no one wants a soggy pie. Bake 25 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F; bake 40 to 50 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and apples are hot and soft when pricked with a fork.
How do you bake a frozen apple pie?
KEEP PIE FROZEN UNTIL READY TO BAKE!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove pie from plastic bag.
- Place frozen unbaked apple pie on center rack of oven. Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees. Continue baking pie for 35 minutes longer. ( …
- Remove pie from oven. Cool on wire rack.
How long should you bake a frozen pie?
A baked pie can be frozen for 6 months, a longer freezing time than an unbaked pie. Loss of quality increases with the length of time in the freezer. Pies can be frozen longer than recommended here but the quality greatly deteriorates with the extended freezer time.
What temperature do you cook a frozen apple pie at?
Bake on center rack for 25 minutes at 425°F. Reduce temperature to 375°F, place a baking sheet on lower rack, and bake for 30-35 minutes more, until crust is golden brown and juices are bubbling. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for at least 1 hour before serving.
How do you bake a frozen fruit pie?
How to Bake a Frozen Fruit Pie
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Unwrap your frozen fruit pie and cover it with aluminum foil. Place it on a cookie sheet to catch spillage. …
- Bake the pie for 15 minutes. …
- Uncover the pie and bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until the crust turns golden and the filling begins to bubble.
How do you cook a precooked frozen pie?
To reheat a frozen baked pie, thaw the pie in the refrigerator overnight and reheat (bake) in a 350°F oven till heated through. The crust will need to be shielded to prevent over-browning.
How do you use frozen apples?
First wash, then peel and shop your apples prior to freezing. You can cut them into small pieces like you’d use in muffins, or larger slices like you’d use in apple crisp. Frozen apples can be used in pretty much any cooked recipes: pies, muffins, cobblers, breads, even applesauce can be made from frozen apples!
Do you thaw frozen apples before making pie?
Do You Thaw Frozen Apples Before Making a Pie? While you can thaw your apples before baking, it is not recommended to do so for pie. Thawed apples tend to get mushy, which is better for recipes that call for pureed apples, like applesauce cake or apple butter.
How do you defrost a frozen apple pie?
How to Thaw and Serve a Fruit Pie
- Let thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Remove plastic wrap from the pie.
- Bake on a sheet pan in a 350 degree oven until the filling is warm and bubbling. “Tent” with foil if the crust starts to get too brown.
- You can also thaw a frozen pie in a low oven.
How do you bake Mama’s frozen pie?
Place frozen pies on parchment covered baking trays, at least 2 inches apart from each other. You can let them thaw for 10-20 minutes, which may reduce baking time by 5-10 minutes. However, do not let them thaw all the way, as the dough could become soggy. Throw out the wax paper that comes wrapped around the pies.
Can you freeze baked apple pie?
Freeze a baked fruit pie for later!
For best results, first bake the pie and then place it uncovered in the freezer. When completely frozen, wrap the pie tightly or place in a plastic freezer bag and place back in the freezer. Frozen, baked fruit pies will keep up to 4 months.