How long should I grill burgers on each side?
Here’s exactly how long to grill your burgers
- For a well-done burger, grill for 7 minutes per side.
- For a medium-well burger, grill for 6 minutes per side.
- For a medium burger, grill for 5 minutes per side.
- For a medium-rare burger, grill for 4 minutes per side.
- For a rare burger, grill for 3 minutes per side.
How long do I cook burgers on the grill?
How Long to Grill Burgers
- For rare burgers, cook for 4 minutes total (125°F)
- For medium-rare burgers, cook for 5 minutes total (135°F)
- For medium burgers, cook for 6 to 7 minutes total (145°F)
- For well-done burgers, cook for 8 to 9 minutes total (160 °F)
How do you cook a 1/4 pound burger on a gas grill?
Grill the burgers:
- Turn the propane on, then ignite the burners to high heat. …
- Close the lid and heat the grill until it reaches about 400 degrees. …
- While the grill heats, form (4) 1/4 pound burger patties into an even 1/2″ thickness. …
- Close the lid and cook until the burgers reach the desired doneness.
How do you grill a 6 ounce burger?
This makes each burger approximately 6 oz. The USDA recommends cooking beef to a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees.
Fresh Beef Burger Grill Times.
|Doneness||First Side Time||Second Side Time|
|Medium-Rare||3 minutes||4 minutes|
|Medium||3 minutes||5 minutes|
|Medium-Well||4 minutes||5 minutes|
|Well Done||4 minutes||6 minutes|
How do you grill a 1/3 pound burger?
Instructions Divide ground beef into 4 (½-pound) or 6 (1/3-pound) portions. Heat the grill to high (gas or charcoal); 375-400 degrees F. Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes for rare, 4-5 for medium-rare or 6-7 for medium doneness as measured with an Instant Read thermometer. Remove and allow to rest 5 minutes.
How do you tell if a burger is done?
The best way to tell if a burger is done is by using a thermometer. This is going to give you the most accurate assurance that your burger is cooked. You want the internal temperature to read no less than 155°F. Let the burgers rest for about 10 minutes and the internal temperature will rise to the 160°F mark.
What temperature do you cook hamburgers on a gas grill?
Grill temp for burgers
When grilling burgers, you want the grill temperature to be around medium-high to high heat, which is around 375 to 400 degrees F. Many gas grills have built in thermometers, but often they tend to be not super reliable.
How do you grill a 1/2 pound burger?
How do you grill a 1/2 pound burger? IF USING A GRILL: Heat a gas grill to high or heat coals in a charcoal grill until they glow bright orange and ash over. Brush the burgers with the oil. Grill the burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, about 3 minutes for beef and 5 minutes for turkey.
How long does it take to cook burgers at 200 degrees?
Bake the patties on a wire rack in a pan with shallow sides — a jelly roll pan will do — in a 200 F oven for about 20 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer says 120 F in the center of each burger. Make a foil tent over the burgers while you heat a small amount of cooking oil in a skillet.