How long do you grill sausage on the grill?
How Long to Grill Sausages. Grill sausages over medium heat (350 degrees Fahrenheit) until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. This process will take approximately 20 minutes — 10 minutes on each side.
How long does it take to grill uncooked sausages?
Always grill sausage over indirect heat to avoid flare ups. Heat your grill to 300-350°F and grill for 40-50 minutes until 165°F internal temperature is reached. Be sure to turn the sausage once during cooking time.
You can determine when the sausage is done either with a thermometer, or by doing a pressure test. It should be firm to the touch, but not shriveled. Don’t cut into the sausage to determine if it’s done, if it isn’t you’ll lose all the juices inside that keep it moist. A meat thermometer is your friend here.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat, about 400-425F.
- Place the sausages on the grill, making sure there is space between them. Close the lid and cook for 4-6 minutes.
- Turn the sausages over, close the lid, and cook for another 4-6 minutes. …
- Serve the sausages on their own, or on a bun, with toppings of choice.
Is it OK if my sausage is a little pink?
When it comes down to the sausages, the straightforward is that pink color is completely safe to eat. This is because the majority of sausages are made from minced meat which means the pink color is evident. Also, this pink color will remain intact even after you cook the sausages.
What sausages are good for the grill?
Top 10 Sausages for Spring Grilling
- 1 Hotdogs. When it comes to American food preferences, the Hotdog is #1. …
- 2 Italian Sausage. After hot dogs, Italian Sausage is a perennial favorite for Spring grilling. …
- 3 Brats. Brats, or Bratwurst, are a German-style sausage. …
- 4 Kielbasa. …
- 5 Knockwurst. …
- 6 Hóng Cháng. …
- 7 Sundae. …
- 7 Merguez.
How long does it take to cook sausage at 350?
For ovens set at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, cook your sausage links for a minimum of 25 minutes, turning each piece at 10-minute intervals, and keep in mind that larger links can take at least an hour to cook through completely. If you need to program your oven for hotter, the sausages will cook a bit faster.
How do you cook sausages on a gas BBQ?
How to Grill Sausages Over Indirect Heat
- Give the sausages a minute or two over high heat. …
- After a minute or so on both sides, turn the heat on your grill down to medium. …
- Allow the BBQ to roast the meat.
- The sausages will cook in 10 to 15 minutes depending on their thickness.
How do you tell if a sausage is cooked without a thermometer?
How can you tell if a sausage is cooked without a thermometer? You can tell if your sausage is cooked by cutting one in half look at the meat and if it is firm, it’s cooked. However, if it is still pink and the meat runny, cook it for more time.
Is it better to grill with the lid open?
When you cook with the grill open, you’ll more effectively get a crispy, perfect-Maillard-reaction caramelization on the outside of the meat without overcooking the center. … So, they can hold up to the heat chamber the lid creates, and in fact, the lid will help thicker cuts of meat or vegetables cook more evenly.