What is the best way to cook steak inside?
The 4-3-2 Method
- Preheat a heavy skillet for a long time over high heat. Don’t add any oil.
- Add the steak, press flat, and cook for 4 minutes without moving.
- Flip and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Remove from the pan and rest for 2 minutes before serving.
How do you cook a steak in the oven without a skillet?
How do you cook a steak in the oven without a pan searing? Preheat oven to broiler setting. Use your favorite steak rub or keep it simple with salt and pepper, and season steaks on both sides. Cook steak in oven until internal temperature reaches 145°F for medium rare.
How long does it take to cook steak in the oven?
Choose a steak with a minimum one-inch thickness.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Season the steaks on both sides with sea salt and fresh-cracked black pepper.
- Place steak on a rack placed over a rimmed baking sheet and put in the preheated oven.
- Cook the steaks in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
How do you cook a steak on the stove without a cast iron skillet?
Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray. Season steaks with salt and pepper, to taste, and add to the baking sheet in a single layer. Place into oven and broil until the steak is browned and charred at the edges, about 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until desired doneness.
How long should I cook steak for medium?
Place the steaks on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue to grill 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135 degrees F), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (140 degrees F) or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well (150 degrees F).
Is it better to broil or pan fry steak?
Broiling and pan-frying are both dry-heat cooking methods that yield a well-browned, nicely-caramelized steak. … It’s better to fry thicker-cut steak over medium heat in your pan than try to broil it. Otherwise, the intense heat of your broiler can burn it on the outside by the time it’s fully cooked on the inside.