What else can you use to clean a grill?
Vinegar: Put regular, household vinegar into a spray bottle. Spray vinegar all over the grill, then take a balled up piece of aluminum foil and use that as a bristle brush to scrape the grime right off.
What can I use to clean my grill besides the wire brush?
How to Clean a Grill Without a Wire Brush
- Use a Leftover Onion. It might seem a little strange, but you can use half an onion to clean your grill. …
- Clean up with Aluminum Foil. …
- Snag a Nylon Scouring Pad. …
- Use Your Steamer. …
- Mix Vinegar & Ammonia. …
- Oil the Grill in Advance.
How do you clean a dirty grill?
How To Clean A Dirty BBQ Grill
- Wait until the grate cools completely.
- Spray it with oven cleaner and put it in a garbage bag to sit overnight.
- The next day, use the scraper and a garden hose to give the grate a good scrub. The gunk should come right off.
- Dry the grate thoroughly to prevent rust.
What is the best way to clean an outdoor grill?
Clean the grill using a stiff wire brush dipped in water. Do not lean over the grill while cleaning, as this should create plenty of steam. For tough grease spots, add dish soap to the water or a grill cleaner. Once the surface has cooled, wipe the grate with a damp cloth to remove residue or brush bristles.
How do you clean a grill without an oven cleaner?
Mix 2 tablespoons of hand dishwashing detergent with 1 gallon of warm water. Wash the grates with the detergent solution. Use the same solution to wipe down the interior and exterior of the grill, if desired.
Can I use vinegar to clean my grill?
It only takes a few simple steps to clean your barbecue grill with vinegar. All you need is a spray bottle, lukewarm water, white table vinegar and a sheet of aluminum foil. … Spray the vinegar on the foil and use it to scrub the grill’s interior. No rinsing is required.
How do you get burnt on grease off a grill?
White distilled vinegar: Reach into your pantry for an all-natural cleaner with grease- and rust-fighting power. Fill a spray bottle with equal parts white vinegar and water, then spray down grates and let the solution sit for about an hour.
How do you clean a grill with a potato?
Here’s how to grease your grill with a Little Potato in four simple steps:
- Heat it up. Start with a clean surface. …
- Cut your Creamer. Slice a (raw) Creamer in half.
- Fork it. Jab the round side of the potato with a fork. …
- Rub, repeat. …