Can you cook steak on a grill?
Place the steaks on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue to grill 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135 degrees F), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (140 degrees F) or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well (150 degrees F).
Is it better to fry or grill steak?
For indoor cooking we’d recommend frying your steak, although you can grill it if you’d rather. … These types of pan get really hot and retain their heat, making them ideal for getting that charred, smoky finish on the surface of your steak.
How do you cook steaks under the grill?
- Preheat the grill for 10 minutes until it is very hot.
- Season the steaks with black pepper.
- Place on a grill rack and cook under grill: rare 3 1/2 minutes; medium 5 1/2 minutes; well-done 6-8 minutes.
Which steak is best for barbecue?
The best cuts of beef steak to use for barbecuing are fillet, scotch fillet, porterhouse, T-bone, rump, round and blade. Look for cuts with a little fat marbled through the meat, as this helps to keep the steak moist.
What’s the best steak to grill?
Best Beef Cuts for Grilling
- Chuck Eye Steak (Delmonico) A low-cost alternative to the Rib Eye Steak. …
- Ranch Steak. Affordable, lean and versatile. …
- Flat Iron Steak. Extremely tender, well-marbled and flavorful and great for grilling. …
- Tenderloin Steak (Filet Mignon) …
- Strip Steak. …
- Porterhouse Steak. …
- T-Bone Steak. …
- Ground Beef.
How long does steak take under the grill?
For a 1 1/2-inch thick steak, here are the general cooking times: 6 to 8 minutes for rare (125°) 7 to 10 minutes for medium-rare (135°) 10 to 12 minutes for medium (145°)
Is steak on a grill healthy?
The bottom line:
Grilled meats are tasty, lower in fat and calories, but they may contribute to cancer risk. Keep this in perspective. If you enjoy grilled meats, don’t stop grilling.