How do you paint a chrome grill?
Painting A Chrome Plastic Grill Shell
- Take 400 grit sand paper – sand down the entire grill so the chrome is no longer shiney.
- Clean shell and spray some adhesive promotor.
- Primer (or do primer 1st, then adhesive promotor?)
- Wet sand at 600.
- Wipe it down.
- Shoot a few coats of base.
- Shoot a few coats of clear.
Can you paint chrome without sanding?
Cover any surfaces that you want to protect from paint, especially if using spray paint or a spray gun. Apply a coat of primer to the chrome. … You don’t want to sand away the primer that you just added. Wipe the dust away using a clean rag.
Can you powder coat over Chrome?
First and foremost, it’s important to realize that you can’t powder coat over chrome. The powder coating won’t stick to the chrome. In order to do the job properly, you must strip the chrome surface off of the parts and then apply the powder coating.