Can I put my grill on my deck?
Grilling Safety Tips
Always grill outdoors. … Grills can only be used on open first floor porches, decks or patios if there is an outdoor stairway to the ground, or the porch is at ground level. Grills cannot be used on fire escapes. Place grills away from the house and deck railings.
Can I have a small grill on my balcony?
Grills on balconies must be at least 30 inches from the building. … You can only use gas and charcoal grills at least 15 feet from buildings. Electric grills are usually acceptable for balcony use.
How do you hide a grill on a deck?
How to Hide a Grill
- Store your grill in a corner of your yard or deck. …
- Place potted trees in front of the grill if you are renting and can’t install permanent items or if you don’t have a suitable corner to use. …
- Invest in a fold-up wall barbecue if you have a small yard or deck and want to save space.
How close can a grill be to a deck railing?
Not Giving the Grill Enough Space
Floating embers can easily spark a fire! Your grill—whether it’s charcoal or gas—should be at least 10 feet away from deck railings and any structures, like your home, garage or sheds.
Can Neighbours complain about BBQ?
If you have a situation with neighbours whose barbeque causes you a problem and they disregard any polite complaints that you make, you may have a claim in nuisance. … A local council can investigate complaints about smoke near residential premises that causes what is known as a ”statutory nuisance”.
How do you anchor a grill to a deck?
How to Anchor Down an Outdoor Grill
- Wedge angled wooden blocks into the grill’s wheels to prevent any possible movement. …
- Place one or two 10-pound sandbags evenly over the grill’s crossbars to anchor it. …
- Tie the grill to a nearby structure that’s anchored, such as a deck or porch.