How long does it take to cook a 12 lb Butterball turkey?
Lift turkey onto platter and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. 7-9 lbs. / 4-4 1/2 hrs. 9-12 lbs. / 4 1/2-5 hrs. 12-14 lbs. / 5-6 hrs.
What temperature do you cook a 12 pound Butterball turkey?
Butterball recommends roasting at 325 ° F on an open pan. The bird can also be fried, smoked or grilled. There is only one way to be sure of a turkey’s doneness: the temperature. It should be 180 ° F in the thigh, 170 ° F in the breast, and 165 ° F in the stuffing.
How long do you cook a 12.9 pound turkey?
According to the USDA, for an unstuffed turkey, you should allow 2 3/4 to 3 hours for an 8- to 12-pound turkey; 3 to 3 3/4 hours for a 12- to 14-pounder; 3 3/4 to 4 1/4 hours for a 14- to 18-pounder; 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours for an 18- to 20-pounder and 4 1/2 to 5 hours for an 20- to 24-pounder.
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How long do I cook a 12 lb turkey at 300 degrees?
Rub oil over all sides of turkey. and place turkey in uncovered roasting pan in oven. Bake for 1 hours at 300 degrees to kill bacteria.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe
- Choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one. …
- Roast two small turkeys rather than one large one. …
- Brine the turkey. …
- Rub soft butter under the skin. …
- Truss loosely, or not at all. …
- Roast the turkey upside down at first. …
- Don’t overcook it. …
- Let the turkey rest before carving.
How long does it take to cook a Butterball stuffed turkey?
- Cook from Frozen. Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Remove plastic bag. …
- Place breast on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Brush with oil to prevent drying. …
- Cook for 4 hours or until meat thermometer reads 165°F (74°C).
- Let it stand for 10 to 15 minutes before removing the netting and slicing.
How do you cook a fully cooked Butterball turkey?
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove turkey breast from the wrapper. …
- Place turkey breast side up, on a flat roasting rack in 2 to 2 1/4-inch roasting pan. …
- Brush or spray skin with vegetable oil.
- Place turkey breast in 350° oven and heat until warm. …
- Check temperature with a meat thermometer.
Is Butterball turkey breast processed?
Is Butterball turkey roast processed? They’re deboned and formed into a solid roast shape using both light and dark meat. … butterball.ca/products/boneless- turkey – breast / There are not breast “pieces” inside. They are more highly processed than regular turkey and yes, they are salty but not offensively so.
Does Butterball turkey have butter in it?
In fact, there is no actual butter in or on a Butterball turkey. The fresh turkeys are injected with a basting solution made of salt water and “common household spices,” one brand representative told me.